There are many material components you can discuss with your Goodyear Rubber representative that will match your rubber application needs including:
- Fillers help performance and provide durability. Several types are available including carbon black reinforcing, hard clay semi-reinforcers and non-reinforcers such as calcium carbonate.
- Internal lubricants get mixed into the compound to keep it from sticking to equipment and to lower heat build-up.
- Protectants include metal deactivators, flame retardants and antioxidants that retard deterioration caused by oxygen contact, waxes, and antiozonants that slow deterioration because of contact with ozone.
- Colorants, remove cross-contamination of dry pigments, brighten color consistency, boost product quality and decrease processing costs.
- Vulcanizing agents supply the chemical process that converts polymers and rubber into a more durable, rubber-elastic material end product.
- Sulfur, sulfur donors and other chemicals that encourage cross-linking are curatives.
- Blowing agents generate gas by a chemical or thermal action if added to a rubber compound when manufacturing sponge or cell products.
- Bonding agents assist with holding dissimilar materials together in the complete rubber product
- Tackifiers give a short and long-term tack in the compound causing two layers to bond together with light pressure. The tacky compounds often do not stick to other surfaces.
- Plasticizers improve the flow of rubber during processing.
Your application will determine the additive you need.
About Goodyear Rubber
Goodyear Rubber is involved in all aspects of the rubber manufacturing process from design through production with the goal of complete customer satisfaction. We are ISO 9001:2008 certified and ROHS compliant. Contact us at (909) 987-1774 or email@example.com or visit www.goodyearrubber.com for more information.
Goodyear Rubber, based in Southern California, manufactures rubber molds, extrusions, rubber sheeting and roll coverings. Our rubber manufacturing solutions are applied by customers in the canning, aerospace, defense, construction, sporting goods, commercial, automotive, mining, food processing and material handling sectors.