When compounding for low temperature applications, here are a few tips:
- Base the compound on polymers that have low glass transition temperatures
- With NBR, Nitriles: Select grades of NBR with lower levels of ACN to improve low temperature flexibility
- Use Low Temperature Oils – Select Oils that are not aromatic. Generally, aromatic process oils impart poor low temperature properties, For NBR and CR compounds consider using DOA as the selected plasticizer.
- See a chart of Typical Thermal Properties of Rubber Polymer types
- Call us here at Goodyear. Our experienced team of professionals can always assist.
- email@example.com 909-758-4715